Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Garden Update

First off- we have eavestroughs!!! Should help keep the basement nice and dry, especially with all this rain we've been having lately..The skies aren't looking too friendly this evening...
My Lady's Mantle is just starting to bloom. Not the most showy plant, but that's ok- it was one of the plants that "came with" the house!


Guess what!? It turns out I have Japanese Tiger Lilies! They just sprouted these little stem bulbils- that's how you know they are the "real thing"- I can't wait to see the blooms, but it might be a couple weeks yet.


In the meantime, I have these pretty Asiatic Lilies blooming- this one stalk alone has 11 blooms on it!

The Purple Asters are becoming a deep purple- so pretty.

And the Thrift is just starting to bloom- tiny delicate white flowers.

Finally, the sunflower seeds I planted a couple weeks ago are all starting to sprout! Hopefully they will be able to flower before first frost!

No comments: