Friday, July 17, 2009

Rain, Rain....

It's been raining all week! Luckily today it appears to be breaking up and the weekend forecast is looking good :)

The poor weather gave us a chance to get some stuff done around the house. We finally hung our hard-earned University degrees and some artwork in the office:


I brightened up the kitchen with these lilies from the garden- aren't they pretty!?

And now I am waiting for the split boxsprings to arrive (our queen sized boxspring wouldn't fit up the stairs...) Last night we assembled the bed. It was given to us by Ben's parents, who received it as a wedding present 34 years ago!!! It's made of barnboard from their family farm.. cool, huh? There is even a light behind the headboard for a retro 70's feel...

Here's where we had to sleep last night. It will be nice to finally get off the floor!
PS- I am in the market for a new duvet cover... any suggestions for colour/ style??


OOH! I think I hear the delivery truck!!

No comments: