Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

We are having our housewarming party tonight! I baked up some Herb and Garlic baguettes, and this yummy hot artichoke and spinach dip- can't wait to try them out!

I have been puttering around the yard and gardens the past few days. We are lucky to have inherited some (very grown over) perennials with the house. I think I have ID'd most of them, with some help from people with greener thumbs!

oh, and this spider (ew) seems to be the only critter who is using my hummingbird feeder so far!
Thrift
Someone is obsessed with the hose!!

Either Carnation or Dianthus

Some variety of lily
Another Lily... they are going to be spectacular once they bloom!


Purple Aster

pansy (they are scattered all over the yard! I felt bad when I had to cut the grass!)

Shasta Daisies about to open up

Lilacs

No comments: