Monday, June 29, 2009

The Hunt for the Perfect Armchairs....

Now that I have the summer off, I have a lot of time on my hands!!!!
Which means I can make grand plans for our house... first order of business is to find 2 matching armchairs to put in the living room, instead of that big chunky futon.
We aren't looking to break the bank here (already did that when we signed the mortgage docs.. haha) so I am looking for small, simple, preferrably leather or leather-look armchairs.

Let's start with Ikea... our closest location is Toronto, so we would have to pay shipping which I imagine would be expensive. But some of their styles are pretty fun.
This chair is a fun green colour and is $329The Brick had this for $250. I think it's pretty much exactly what we are looking for, but we would have to see it in person to get a good idea of the dimensions.

For a pricier $329 we could get into a trendy print from Home Depot. But I am thinking it may be too busy... not as timeless as a leather chair. The print appeals to me but I can't imagine Ben would be a big fan... especially with the bear rug behind it on the wall!What are your thoughts?? Leather? print? Solid fabric? Any other ideas?

No comments: