Monday, June 22, 2009

We're In!!!

Well, we have the house!!!! WE have our very own house and property!!!! I don't think it has even sunk in yet!
I brought a bunch of boxes over this afternoon and started unpacking right away. I had a lot of fun choosing where everything will go. The kitchen has a lot more storage space than our apartment, but I am sure it will take us a while to figure out the perfect spot for everything- food, pots, pans, plates, glasses, junk drawer! etc!
I discovered one of the best features about our house- built in shelves at the top of the stairs. They are shallow and open, just the right size. I will post a picture of it tomorrow, but its a perfect place to store and show off all our books and favourite little things.
Molly seemed to like the place- she was running around the house like a monkey. I think she likes the traction that she gets on the carpets- she's used to slippery hardwood at the apartment. She also really liked looking out the front door to street level, and keeping a close eye on the neighbourhood!
I will head back tomorrow morning with a few more boxes. Can't wait to actually get moved in and start living there!!!
One day at a time....

No comments: